Monday, October 5, 2009

The Girls Next Door

This is the ad that I've decided to use for my project. I was originally looking at a different ad, but once I saw this one in the magazine last week, I simply couldn't resist.
I mean just look at the image. It gives me a whole spectrum of things to work with: from the colors, to the setting, to the prevailing stereotypes that our society attaches to blonds, as well as the stereotype of the Playboy Bunny.
I just simply feel that this particular ad can be analyzed in so many ways, and that it definitely is a good example for the semiotic analysis (I don't want to write too much about the image, because I don't want to give out my paper, hehehe).

2 comments:

  1. This is definitely a good ad to work with! Love that the twins are stuck together sharing a horse in matching outfits (very typical).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, there is a lot to work with; especially with their poses and the bright smiles plastered across their faces, their long blonde hair and short shorts. It definitely says a lot about society's standards of beauty!

    ReplyDelete