Monday, October 19, 2009

Websites of stereotypes

I'm sure you've heard of most of these, but I want to know what you guys think...

1. peopleofwalmart.com/: people like this

2. whitewhine.com/: For example,"I hate it when my iPod Touch's screen gets stuck in horizontal mode. I don't want to listen to all of Viva la Vida."

3. stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/ : Stuff like "taking a year off," Ugly Christmas Sweater parties, Moleskine Notebooks, and Bob Marley.

4. mymomisafob.com/: like this: " My mom doesn't want to get a tan, so she wears these when she drives."


6. engrish.com/: packages/anything with incorrectly translated English, like "lovely angles" instead of "lovely angels"

and even one for the stereotypical hipster kids:
7. http://www.latfh.com/ (Look At This F*ing Hipster)

Obviously not all people of one type are like a certain way. I think these can be insulting, but is it terrible that I find some of these funny?

1 comment:

  1. I happen to think that Stuff White People Like is hysterical but I think that the for mentioned "white people" is really a stand-in for young urban professionals, I doubt David Sedaris, Sushi, PhDs or Gay Friends are of great interest to majority working-class caucasians in the middle of the country. The items listed are by no means unique to white people but the association between white people (in the blogs title) and successful young professionals is a little troubling though I doubt it was intended to be divisive or antagonistic.

    ReplyDelete