(Big image, click to make it bigger)
They rank various entertainments, events, and popcultia on a range from highbrow to lowbrow, and brilliant to despicable.
Check out the approval matrix from this week. Think about the following while you're reading it:
- Who is NY Magazine's audience?
- How can you tell this from the matrix? What do they assume the audience knows and understands?
- Do you get most of the references?
- Do you agree with the highbrow/lowbrow assessments?
- How does it seem that they determine highbrow or lowbrow?
- What things does the magazine seem to value highly? What does it dislike?
- What does this say about the values of the NY Magazine audience?